This is our modern slavery statement, detailing our commitment to fair employment which is backed up by robust policies.
MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT
- This statement is made as part of Scaffteq West Limited’s commitment to eliminating the exploitation of people under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the Act). It summarises how Scaffteq West operates, the policies and processes in place to minimise the possibility of any problems, any risks we have identified and how we monitor them, and how we train our staff.
This statement is published in accordance with section 54 of the Act and relates to the financial year to 30 September 2020. It was approved by the board of directors on 1 October 2019.
- Scaffteq West is an independent scaffolding contractor that specialises in delivering complex and large scale projects. We provide access scaffolds and temporary roofs to construction customers using traditional tube & fittings and system scaffolding.
- Scaffteq West’s Head Office is based in 11 Walker Way, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 3US and Scaffteq West has no other offices in or outside of the UK.
- Scaffteq West has a modern slavery policy in place.
SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING POLICY
- Scaffteq West is committed to acting ethically and implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking are not taking place within our supply chain or any part of our business.
- We have provided training to all of our employees to increase their awareness and understanding of the signs of modern slavery and human trafficking. We have also made them aware of the steps they must take to counter this criminal activity should they know or suspect it is taking place.
- Each of our directors and senior management team have been briefed on this subject and are aware of their commitment to check for compliance within our supply chain and within our business in their respective regions.
- As a part of Scaffteq West’s due diligence process we internally review our supply chain to evaluate human trafficking and slavery risks. We will only work with organisations who also commit to the eradication of slavery and human trafficking. We will expect all those in our supply chain to comply with our values. We will require from our suppliers an annual statement of their commitment and the actions they have taken to eliminate modern slavery.
- Scaffteq West will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- Only senior members of staff who have undergone appropriate training for assessing modern slavery risks in the supply chain are authorised to sign contracts and establish commercial relationships in any area where we have identified the potential for risk.
- The company directors will ensure all our activities comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and will provide adequate resources, training and investment to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the company or its supply chain.
- This policy statement will be reviewed annually and published on Scaffteq West’s website.